Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tell Me Something about Yourself: My Most Dreaded Question

Every since I started applying for different jobs I hated answering one question; “Tell me something about yourself”. Unfortunately, that’s the most common question you’ll ever hear when applying for a job. I have been with different companies now, since I started working young at the age of eighteen. At first, this question really annoyed me, but what can I do? I must answer it. I have always been irritated being asked to describe myself or even tell something about me. What’s the big deal with telling someone what or who you are? That’s was my first question against it. Why won’t they just know you when you’re already with them? Maybe I was just afraid that they would barge in my life and ruin everything. I’m the type of person who wouldn’t let you know who I really am, not until I trust you already. After those many times I answered that question, I still not used to answering it.

But during one of my training at a company, somebody told me How to answer it. She told me just to answer it basically, just answer “Who are you?” that’s it. It’s a simple question that everyone can answer, right? Some would answer it starting with their name. It’s all about having an identity. Your character, your attitude, what you are now, and what you’re planning to be. You just have to know who you really are.

There are always factors in how you would answer that question. Who asked you that questions?, consider how he/she is related to you whether professionally or personally. Where and what condition, when, is it on a formal or informal manner? And that would be the basis on how you’d answer. Give a professional answer if it’s a formal question or else loosen up and just answer it as just an ordinary question. And, there’s one thing we all know, a secret must remain a secret. That’s it, all merge into one long dreadful question that that you need to answers. Now you know how you would answer it, incase. For me, I’m still in my journey of knowing myself; at least little by little I could already answer that question, until that day. How about you: Do You Know Who You Are?

Free's Blog

This Blog contains information and or contents created for free by free, but please post a link to this site in whatever purpose it serves.